Perhaps you are considering breast augmentation in order to attain a more aesthetically appealing figure.
Perhaps age, child-bearing and breast feeding have taken their toll on your original shape and size. There is no doubt you love your child, but you dream of revitalizing the breast size you had, pre-baby.
We invite you to refer to our previous article to discover some of the Baby Steps that will aid you in making the life changing decision to augment your bustline.
Breast Augmentation: The Appointment
You almost have made your decision for breast augmentation surgery, but you have questions.
You call. You make your appointment. What happens next?
From your reading, you know that during your breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Orlando Cicilioni, you discover many options for the surgical journey you are strongly considering.
You will be discussing your goals and expectations as well as:
1. The actual surgery,
2. The proper anesthesia,
3. The Incisions,
4. The Right Implants for you.
For this reason, this part of our Shopper’s Guide to Breast Augmentation presents you with the following Five Fine Questions for your conversation with Dr. Cicilioni. These are not the only questions for your interview, but they are largely based on some of the check list of questions available at this trusted online resource. (We suggest you take a look at all of them.)
Five Fine Questions: Breast Augmentation Consultation
1. About Your Suitability for the Surgery: “Am I a good candidate for breast enhancement or breast enlargement?”
2. About Your Role in Recovery: You might ask, “What will be expected of me to get the best results?” Every case is different, and you can feel free to discuss specifics with the doctor.
This question can also refer to measures you can take to prepare for your surgery.
3. About Your Operation and the Implants: “What shape, size, surface texturing, incision site and placement site are recommended for me?”
You will undoubtedly spend a great deal of your time with Dr. Cicilioni, covering these issues. Because you are an individual, and our approach at Orlando Cosmetic Surgery is customized, there is no general answer to this question.
Dr. Cicilioni states, “I give my patients a thorough explanation of what surgery involves and give them choices as to the type, shape, and size of the breast implants that would be best for them.”
He adds that he will also discuss “surgical approaches that can be used for placement (such as: crease, axillary, or periareolar incisions and submuscular or subglandular placement).”
Importantly, he insists, “Each patient is different, and I help guide each individual patient personally though the decision process to help her decide which is right for her, in order to achieve a long-lasting and natural-appearing result.”
4. About Possible Complications: You should remember to ask,”What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?”
You can expect to discuss your medical history, general health and medical conditions with Dr. Cicilioni, to refine your understanding of the procedure and its possible risks.
5. About Rejuvenation and Revitalization: This is information you will definitely need to know. Perhaps you will want to arrange for a friend to stay with you for a short time after the surgery. “How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?”
As always, we thank you for reading today’s blog from Orlando Cosmetic Surgery, and we invite you to return to our next blog, for Part III of the Orlando Cosmetic Surgery Shopper’s Guide to Breast Augmentation.
In Part III of the Shopper’s Guide to Breast Augmentation, we will take a deeper look at the risks, recovery and revitalization concerning this surgery, since we believe these topics deserve more words than are available herein.