At Orlando Cosmetic Surgery, we are all wondering how it can almost be September. Where has summer of 2015 gone?
With the passing of another season, we always want to review the condition of our skin. So, welcome to Part I of our special series of blogs on Chemical Peels!
Our registered aesthetician, Lea, can read the story of the summer of 2015 in every woman’s face.
Your skin tells the story of the days you forgot your sunscreen.
Your skin speaks of the squinting you did on our bright Florida days, in spite of the sunglasses you wore.
Your skin reveals how time and gravity have taken their three months toll on your face.
What is a Chemical Peel?
As you look in the mirror, you might have begun to realize it is time to be more aggressive action than a buying a new cream or even taking a facial.
If you are wishing you could peel away some of that dry, sun damaged summer skin and reveal dewy new texture underneath it, you can! You might require a chemical peel. In this procedure, “a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which makes it “blister” and eventually peel off.”
We know this “sounds” rough, but chemical peels are provide your natural system with a controlled healing situation. These procedures allow the skin to repair itself, revealing a smooth new layer of skin.
A Special List: Reasons For A Skin Peel
Below is a count-down of reasons to consider a skin peel at the Orlando Cosmetic Surgery Medi-spa:
1. Peels can reduce age spots, freckles, and sun damage.
2. Peels are proven treatments for some types of acne.
3. Skin peels can treat those new, delicate wrinkles. Some people do not realize this, but a chemical peel can penetrate and soften those fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth.
4. Sometimes peels even improve the appearance of mild scars.
5. Chemical peels can improve the dark patches known as melasma. These might be the result of your summer pregnancy or a side effect of your birth control pills.
6. The tried-and-true science behind chemical peels will bring you overall improvements in the look and feel of your skin. If you are interested in more chemical peel information, please visit this expert online resource.
A Word of Caution
Not all peels are created alike. You need a professional team guide you in the care of your skin, both with clinical spa treatments and your choices of an at-home regime of exclusive products from Image.
Remember skin peels are serious chemistry. With her years of training, our registered Lea will ascertain the appropriate depth of treatment for your skin goals. Thank you for reading our blog today, and come back next week for Part Two, which will reveal a special surprise.
Did you know that after a chemical peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the suns rays? So, as we always say, wear your sunscreen, and follow our sunscreen rules:
A. Make sure it is “broad-spectrum” because only then does it protect against the UVA and UVB rays.
B. It must be a physical sunscreen.
C. It should be above SPF 30.
D. Take care to avoid any extended time in the sun between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
E. Never forget your wide-brimmed hat or your sunglasses.
Dr. Orlando Cicilioni and his staff thank you for reading our blog today, and we hope you will join us next week for Part II of this blog series, which will also reveal a special surprise!