In our last blog we announced the FDA approval of the Natrelle 410 breast implants, and the Allergan certification of our own Dr. Orlando Cicilioni as an approved surgeon for the special surgical expertise demanded by this prestigious company. We explained how these implants have become the most popular choice for women all over the world, and how, for the first time, they are available for American women.
Now, in this blog, we will bring you more detailed information about the wonderful features of these naturally shaped breast implants. We present this in detail because one of the most important decisions you must make about your breast augmentation surgery is the size and shape of your implants.
A Few Basics About Shopping For Implants
Basically, most people know about the two main types of breast implants: silicone and saline:
1. Did you Know that saline implants actually have a solid silicone rubber shell? It is this shell which is full of salt water.
2. Silicone filled breast implants also have a solid silicone rubber outer shell, but it contains a cohesive silicone gel. You should know that your incision will be longer for any gel implant than for a saline implant.
3. The Natrelle 410 is a very advanced type of Silicone Breast Implant, known as a Highly Cohesive Silicone Gel Implant, created by Allergan Company.
First of all, the old style silicone gel implants have a round shape. Think of them as being round silicone rubber shells which contain silicone that is the consistency of honey. This means “the gel “flows” in the implant, so when the implant is in the vertical position, “the gel flows to the bottom and the top/upper pole of the implant collapses.” You can imagine what this does to the appearance 0f the breast.
Generally many women are disappointed with the result of this style because the appearance lacks “upper pole fullness.” There can also be a rippling effect that can sometimes be seen, or unpleasantly, felt, by the woman.
In contrast, the Allergan Natrelle™ 410 Silicone Breast Implants is filled with silicone that has “3% more cross-linking.” Thus, this more viscous form of silicone does not surge, slosh, shift or ripple unpleasantly.
The creators call its aesthetic tear-drop form of the outer shell, “stable” because it maintains its pleasing anatomic shape. Thus, this naturally shaped implant is immune to losing its beautiful form, no matter what your position is. According to Dr. P. Ffeifer who served on the committee that reviewed the implant for the FDA, “The outer shell of the implant does not fold. Thus, the upper pole remains full even in the upright position and there is minimal rippling.” She has termed this implant, “the next generation of silicone breast implants.”
As more studies have been completed, surgeons and their patients have discovered these solid benefits from the implants.
1. Case studies prove that with these implants, there are a reduced number of cases of silicone leakage.
2. Post surgical capsular contracture occurs less often.
3. As we have mentioned, there is much less of the rippling effect.
4. These implants seem to be resistant to gravity, always reflecting their sculpted shape in the shape of the breast.
5. New patients are reporting that these implants are pleasantly soft to the touch.
In addition to these advantages, the Natrelle 410 Highly Cohesive Silicone-filled breast implants give women and their surgeons almost limitless choices about the size and shape of their implants. You can choose low, moderate or full for your implant height. Then you can select the projection in low, moderate, full or extra full, and then you can choose between many different volumes. Your breasts will be as uniquely yours as your fingerprints.
These are deeply personal choices, and you can make them in literally hundreds of different combinations, but feel secure in the decision making process because Dr. Orlando Cicilioni will give you guidance. Now that you have options such as the Natrelle 410 Breast Implants, you can feel confident that the breasts you choose will fulfill your personalized aspirations for the individualized, best version of you.
Many women who have chosen this surgery feel a renewed sense of confidence, beauty and self fulfillment. Please don’t hesitate to call the Orlando Cosmetic Surgery Clinic for a sensitive consultation, if you are curious about these amazing new developments in the beautiful art and science of cosmetic surgery.