If you diet and exercise, but you cannot seem to re-shape a puffy area under your chin, Kybella injections might help. At Orlando Cosmetic Surgery, we administer Kybella, an “injectable treatment for adults with submental fullness…” Kybella injections actually destroy the fat cells under your chin without surgery.
The active ingredient in Kybella is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Did you know that “deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat?”
This is the reason your profile can be contoured with its help. Patients can say “good-bye,” to that bothersome or dismaying little pouch that clings just under their chin. Kybella simply destroys the fat cells.
A so-called “double chin,” properly called “submental fullness,” might be caused by weight gain. However, it can also be caused by factors such as genetics or aging. No diet or exercise will re-shape this area of the body.
Kybella: Injections From Professionals Only!
We know Kybella sounds too magical to be true, but it can make a remarkable improvement in your appearance within a few months.
1. Only your doctor can tell you how many of the tiny injections you will need per session, but it seldom requires more than about 15-20 minutes to expertly place them.
2. Treatment can only be administered by a KYBELLA®-trained healthcare specialist.
3. As you might expect, the amount of fat under your chin and the “look” you plan will help determine the number of injections needed at your session.
By the way, you might like to know that Real Self, an online source where people post their stories and opinions about their cosmetic surgery procedures has established an 88 percent approval rating over the last 24 months for the Kybella treatment. That’s pretty amazing.
4. You might require up to six treatments. 59% of the patients in the clinical studies needed six sessions. “Patients with minimal double-chin fat (known as submental fullness) might require only two or three treatments, whereas a patient with a much fuller neck might need up to six treatments to achieve the desired results,” stated Dr. Adam M. Rotunda, who pioneered the drug.
5. Every case is individualized, but sessions should be completed no sooner than a month apart.
Recovery and Side Effects From Kybella Treatments
Be prepared that the area under your chin might appear bruised or swollen after a treatment session. You might experience numbness under the chin. We advise you to call the doctor if more serious side effects develop.
Call your doctor if your smile is uneven, or if you have difficulty swallowing. “KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including nerve injury in the jaw that can temporarily cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness.”
The FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) online resource published multiple facts, as well as approval, of KYBELLA® on April 29th, 2015.
In clinical studies, 4 out of 100 people experienced uneven smile and/or facial weakness. Trouble swallowing occurred to two people out of a hundred.
During the clinical studies, the “nerve injury in the jaw resolved on its own in a median of 44 days (range of 1 to 298 days), and trouble swallowing resolved on its own in a median of 3 days (range of 1 to 81 days).”
Additional side effects included temporary pain, redness and spots in the KYBELLA® treatment area.
The good news is that the side effects are typically temporary and go away on their own.
A recent survey from the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) proved that 67 percent of the participants were as self-conscious of submental fullness as by wrinkles that form around the eyes with age. If this is true for you, Orlando Cosmetic Surgery invites you to consult with us about KYBELLA®. For patients who do not wish to consider surgery, this treatment is an attractive option.
You need not allow your chin to cause you to appear older or plumper than you are. Please do not hide your chin! Now, we have Kybella, for a more beautiful you.
About An Old Expression…
You might have to believe in that old expression “take it on the chin,” when events in your life do not go your way. However, there is no need to take another chin on your chin, now that we have Kybella.