Just as we promised in our previous blog article, this blog brings you information concerning the possible side effects of Juvederm, the injectable filler.
Likewise, our next blog we will also present some “Talking Points” to use with your doctor to help you discover if Juvederm is right for you.
Juvederm Side Effects
Most of the time our patients only experience slight, localized side effects at sites of the injections, listed below. These symptoms usually go away within a few days. These symptoms include:
- Redness with a little discomfort or tenderness,
- Feeling of Firmness or Swelling,
- Tiny lumps or bumps,
- Bruising, discoloration, or Itching.
- We must also state that with any type of injection, there is always the risk of infection.
Caution! Some Common Sense Warnings:
1. As you might imagine, Juvederm injectable gel should never be injected into a blood vessel.
2. Likewise, if inflammatory or infection exists on skin at specific injection sites, treatment must be delayed.
3. As we have previously stated, Juvederm “should only be administered under the supervision of a licensed health care practitioner.”
Talking Points for You and Your Doctor
A. Are you using aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen? These drugs might increase bleeding.
B. Are you planning to have treatment involving lasers, chemical peeling or any other dermal procedure soon after Juvederm? If you are, then excess inflammation could result.
C. Have you been diagnosed with a condition demanding immunosuppressive therapy? Juvederm treatments might cause an increased infection risk.
D. Are you pregnant, breast feeding or under 18 years of age? If so, you should know that safety in use of this procedure has not been established in clinical trials.
And Now…A Special Message of Holiday Joy!
There can be no better time of the year for good wishes. As the holiday season unfolds before us, let us take the time to recognize the value of family and friends around us.
Dr. Orlando Cicilioni and his staff at Orlando Cosmetic Surgery wish you a season of heart-warming moments and cherished memories.
We hope your holiday will be filled with joy and peace. So we thank you for your friendship, support and business over the coming months and years.
Here’s a little verse to remind you of the spirit of the season:
“The Magic of Christmas never ends and its greatest of gifts are family and friends.”
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our Family at Orlando Cosmetic Surgery to You and Your Family!