Overly large breasts can result in physical and psychological problems. Many times a surgical procedure is the only answer “for women with excessively large, pendulous breasts, a condition known as breast hypertrophy.”
A woman’s abnormally large breasts can create both physical and psychological problems. Today, Orlando Cosmetic Surgery investigates some of these difficulties and the answers provided by surgery. Take a look at the fictitious mini-cases below:
1. Back and Neck Pain: Ms. L has tolerated constant neck, shoulder and back pain since puberty.
2. Inflammation: Ms. J suffers from deep grooves in her shoulders from the constant dig of her large bra straps. She also endures constant abrasion and raw inflammation beneath the folds of her overly generous breasts.
3. Limitations: Ms. C loved tennis in her youth, but as her figure became more disproportionate, she found it more and more difficult to participate in her beloved game. In fact, she feels more and more limits on her active physical abilities. She feels handicapped, in fact, which in turn has caused her to become depressed.
4. Embarrassment: Ms. H has always been a little introverted. Some girls might delight in the extra attention merited by a large bosom, but she is becoming increasingly self-consciousness, especially in mixed company. She can no longer enjoy clothes shopping, because the design esthetic of modern clothing does not allow for sizing that is three sizes out of proportion. She dreads social gatherings because she inevitably overhears the comments about her being “well endowed.”
Ms. H longs for a sense of balance and normality, free from the emotional difficulties of the undesired attention. With every shopping trip, and with every social function, she feels her self-esteem spiraling steadily downward.
All of the women in the above short stories have good reasons to investigate a surgical solution. If you are Ms. L, Ms. J, Ms. C or Ms H, or if you suffer a combination of these women’s difficulties, then Orlando Cosmetic Surgery wants you to know the pros and cons to be considered in a breast reduction surgery.
The Pros: The Positives of Breast Reduction
1. Patients find that their breasts are in better proportion and balance with their body and they feel firmer.
2. Patients discover that the surgery alleviates or greatly mitigates neck, back, and shoulder pain. Many find that it they breathe easier. They find it easier to enjoy physical activity and exercise.
3. Clothing fits better, patients begin to feel more confident in their appearance.
The Cons: Possible Negative Effects of Breast Reduction
1. You might have decreased sensation in the nipples and aureola.
2. Sometimes women complain that “their breasts and nipples look slightly uneven.”
3. Future plans to breast-feed a baby might become compromised. This is why we often advise women to reserve this procedure until they “have finished having children and breast-feeding, because this can have significant and unpredictable effects on the size and shape of your breasts. Nevertheless, many women decide to undergo breast reduction before having children and feel that they can address any subsequent changes later.”
We conclude that if you plan to breast feed in the future, you should discuss this in detail with your surgeon before breast reduction surgery.
The above are only the top pros and cons to weigh when considering breast reduction. If you want to focus on those specific to your case, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
These are very general pros and cons to consider about breast reduction. During your consultation with your cosmetic surgeon, you should zone in on questions that reflect your individual concerns. If you want to focus on those specifically unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Once you have decided that a breast reduction is a good option for you, we suggest that you examine the following questions, before and during your consultation, to see if you are a good candidate for the surgery.
1. Are you in good, general health without pre-existing medical conditions?
2. Do you have genuinely realistic expectations for the outcome of your surgery? At Orlando Cosmetic Surgery, the doctors and staff want you to be totally honest with your surgeon. You must understand what a breast reduction can and can not do for your situation.
3. Does your skin possess adequate elasticity for cosmetic surgery? You and your surgeon will need to discuss the probability of its former tightness following surgery.
4. Are you prepared to deal with the surgery with patience and emotional stability?
5. Have you matured enough so that your breast development has stopped?
Orlando Cosmetic Surgery invites you to read a special page for you at this website. There you will discover more of the details concerning breast reduction surgery.
We know that many of our patients have been amazed at the health and comfort this surgery has brought them. Please feel free to call us for consultation if you have questions about the challenges and benefits involved with breast reduction.
Breaking News! Special Alert!
Have you been hearing rumors that we were planning something very special? The rumors are true! Orlando Cosmetic Surgery is planning some special treats for your skin! We hope you will keep reading our blog to find out about some wonderful new procedures, technology, treatments and products coming to you soon.
This is about to become “The Summer Of Your Most Amazing Skin,” but we are not ready to reveal our anti-aging inspired skin surprises yet! Soon you will know the future of fine skin care. Spread the word: Within the next few weeks, Something Wonderful Is Happening At Orlando Cosmetic Surgery!