As the year comes to a close and the winter season begins, Orlando Cosmetic Surgery cautions our friends and clients to pay special attention to their skincare.
Our Hot Tips For Winterizing your Skin:
1. If you are traveling to cooler locations for your holidays, experts have said, “your skin needs more than 30 percent humidity to stay properly moisturized. A room heated by a furnace can have as little as 10 percent moisture.” We suggest you combat that environment with good moisturizer, applied at least twice a day.
2. Avoid that Hot shower! It is another source of dry skin. Use warm water, and check the recipe on your soap, to make certain that it contains no alcohol.
3. Then, after you have bathed or showered, take the time to moisturize your skin. Read more by clicking here. Call us about the wonderful moisturizers and specialized skin care products we have from the amazing Obagi skincare line. Click here to read the Obagi Story.
4. Show us a person with beautiful skin, and we will show you a person who believes in sunblock! Even if the day is overcast, use your sunblock faithfully.
Remember, if you are going snow sking, you risk a double burn: UV rays pound down from the sky and reflect up from the snow.
It’s a double whammy for unprotected skin.
What is the Worst Winter Skin Agressor?
We know that Thanksgiving officially marks the official beginning of the Holiday season. Winter’s worst agressor comes out to attack your skin, and it is not cold or wind. It is stress. The Holidays can bring tension, stress, and depression that can show on your skin.
Holidays put extra stress for us to do our best. Entertaining, shopping, gift-wrapping and staying on budget can stress you to the point your skin begins to get itchy, blotchy and patchy.As much as you love having people “home for the holidays,” schedules, cooking, and decorating can all create extra tension, and it can show in your skin!Ironically, some of the same things that will be good for your winter skin will also protect your mind, body and soul from Holiday Stress: Drinking water, eating well, and sleeping regularly, will help you avoid break-outs, dullness, red spots and dry patches, fine lines and dark circles.
Hot Tips To Calm Your Skin and Your Stress
1. Set Your limits. Don’t be afraid to say no to requests for your time and energy.
2. Squint or furrow less. Are you aware of how often you furrow your brow or squint your eyes? These repeated muscle contractions can cause premature wrinkles. Our Botox treatments are a beautiful way to reduce unwanted muscle contractions that fold, crease and wrinkle your skin. Click here to check out more information about botox.
3. Get organized. Write a to-do list and prioritize your most important items.
4. Got problems? Become a problem solver by creating a list of things that cause you stress. Here’s our recommended method:
A. Solve the little problems to make the big ones less stressful.
B. Then, you can look at your larger problems with a little more confidence.
C. Concentrate on possible solutions, and focus on the begining action to choose the best solution. Thus you feel more empowered to appreciate the good things in your life. Your new assuredess will be reflected in clear, glowing winter skin!
As the Thanksgiving Day approaches, the holiday season is officially welcomed by American Families from Florida and the U.S.A., to your hometown.
At Orlando Cosmetic Surgery, we feel that there is no better time to extend our heartfelt good wishes for a stress-free Thanksgiving Holiday! From our family at Orlando Cosmetic Surgery to yours: Happy Thanksgiving!